Monday, September 3, 2012

It's Great To Be Eight!

               This weekend we were able to go to Tooele, UT for Shannon's baptism! Jake was able to baptize and confirm her. I am so proud of him. He has worked hard to get to this point! Unfortunately I was unable to see the baptism, little miss Sadie had a meltdown when she saw her daddy, but wasn't able to get to him. So then I had to take her out of the room. 
               I am so thankful to Melissa, for including me in the "mom" duties when it came to Shannon's baptism! It was great to be included! It was kind of a joke between Jake and myself that we are "just one big happy family", when everyone asks how we are all able to get along because society tells us that when you are no longer in a relationship with someone, you automatically have to hate them. I am so glad that that isn't the case with us. 

Oh yeah, and hopefully the next time we drive to Utah it will be to go to the temple! We are getting so close! It's very exciting for us!!


Jake and Shannon on Saturday 09/01/2012






You would think these two are best friends! Sadie and Alahna holding hands as everyone was leaving the church. 




On our way home to Elko, NV.. Gosh this looks inviting doesn't it?



The Great Salt Lake. This picture doesn't even do it justice from what we saw! It was beautiful!



About 10 miles out from Tooele, we hit rain. Hard. We almost had to stop because of how hard it was coming down!



Jake wanted me to take a picture of the sun. So I did. It's pretty!



You wouldn't believe that the sky had just opened up and poured down on us from this picture! Which is just after the rainstorm. 




Okay, so update with Herbalife! Jake and I have both lost about 4 lbs each this week! This stuff is seriously Uh. Maze. Ing.
I love it so much I am going to become a coach! When you feel this great, how can you not share the love?!? So.. Let me know if you want to sign up! Haha

I will be taking Sadie in to get her blood drawn again tomorrow to repeat 2 of the blood tests that they did last week plus the mono test. Let's pray that it is just mono and not something more serious! I don't need a trip to Primary Children's Hospital this month. 

Anywho, That's the update for the Barney family this week. :)

With love, 
       Marissa 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for all. A very cute picture of the sisters, even though they aren't they are. I am so proud of you and Jake, and for working so hard to make this family a family for those young-uns. It's not easy at all, but so well worth it. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

One year