Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summertime Fun!!

Having the kids here is so much fun.  Basically, we do a lot more stuff than we would had they not been here.  Today we went to Lamoille Canyon.  It's about 20 miles from Elko in the Ruby Mountains.  There is quite a bit of water that runs down, mostly because of the snow caps that never seem to melt.  The water is ICE cold!!  Just like it would be on Mount Graham.  And it's close to town, just like Mount Graham.  Unlike Mount Graham, however, there aren't a lot of evergreen trees.  But there are trees.  So that's nice.  I've been told that Lamoille Canyon is Northern Nevada's best kept secret, although we met people there from California just today.  We hiked for a bit, but with the toddler falling every two feet, sometimes over nothing whatsoever, we decided it was time to go.  Afterwards we went to Lamoille Grove, which is a small park with a creek flowing through it, apparently from the Rubies, and tall trees and lots of grass.










The canyon never ceases to be amazing, what with the hiking, the bugs, the river, etc.  Hopefully we can spend more time up there as the summer goes by.  This area doesn't get very much summer.  So when good warm weather shows up, you take advantage of it.  I took some videos with the hope of putting them here, but they were done in landscape vs. portrait, so you'd have to watch them sideways.  But i guess that wouldn't be too bad.  We did some water balloons today, too!!  It was fun.  I can't remember the last time i did that.




Anyway, that's it for today.  I have too many pictures to upload for all that we've done today.~Jake

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. This phone takes such good pictures I am guessing that is what you used. The kids are all getting so big. I loved your work"outfit" Haha

    ReplyDelete

One year