Oh my gosh! It's been a long time since we posted anything. Where to start? Okay, for starters, we've introduced Marissa to guns. When I first met her, and subsequently married her, she didn't want anything to do with guns. She wouldn't touch them or hold them. Nothin'. A few months back our neighbors asked us to go shooting out in the hills with them. I didn't really want to go, but Rissa said that she wanted to. So I packed up the .357 Magnum and some ammo and away we went. What's special about this moment, besides Rissa wanting to shoot, was that this was the first time I was able to shoot my .357. But let's never mind that. Rissa shot a .22 caliber automatic pistol. She did really well. She also shot a .380 auto and a .38 revolver. Also she shot a 9mm (One of the spent casings ejected and hit her square in the forehead, haha) and my .357, which she didn't like shooting. I don't have any pictures of our first time shooting, but I have some from a few of the other times we've gone.
Here she is shooting .38 specials through my .357 Mag.This is my SKS and on the right she's shooting a .243 bolt action, which she loves!!
I went out and bought a .40 cal Smith&Wesson. We're waiting on her 9mm which is identical to my .40, minus the caliber size. Both are Smith&Wesson M&P. Also, I made her shoot a 12 gauge shotgun, just so she had a good feel for a wide variety of guns. This one hurt her.
So now my once timid and fearful-of-guns wife, she wants guns. Lots of guns. I'm one happy man!






Well, you should be a happy man, and a scared one!!! Haha!! I am glad that she likes shooting, if you're going to have them around, then she needs to know how to handle them for sure.
ReplyDeleteHave her lean into the shotgun and hold it tightly in the pocket you form with your arm and shoulder as you lean forward holding the gun. It makes a big difference in the recoil. Trust me on this one. Love you guys.
Will do, if we shoot it again. But I did get her to shoot the neighbors 20 gauge! She liked that one better.
ReplyDelete