Thursday, May 25, 2017
Good times ahead!
It's funny how life has a way to throw those curve balls that make things difficult. Like when you lose your job and a week later, your car breaks down. No insurance to cover when your kids get sick. You know, the start of an old fashioned country song. But, what we do, how we react to those difficult times, that's what defines our lives. You can choose to either sit down and cry, wondering how things could have been different, or pick yourself up by your bootstraps and step forward! Instead of lamenting the past (which is literally anytime that is not now), be happy you have the now to make your next move. There are always 10 or more possibilities, and if you grab one and it doesn't work out, there are always at least 10 possibilities! This is my life. I choose how I am going to live it. I can choose to look forward every day, despite any setback. As long as I'm moving forward, as long as I'm choosing to not stop and wonder why things had happened, or why things didn't work out, I will always have opportunities. We are so blessed to have every day we have. Never give up people. Never let the negative come between you and your happiness. Give liberally of your love and your kindness. Watch how life works out despite our best efforts to think otherwise.-Jake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Having the kids here is so much fun. Basically, we do a lot more stuff than we would had they not been here. Today we went to Lamoille Ca...
-
So its 9:39 am and we have been through 2 states already. We had to go to Salt Lake yesterday because I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance ...
-
So there he is, off to the right. Our brand new edition to the family. He is fitting right in. We're all adjusting very well, and an...
Awesome!! Always moving forward, always loving!!
ReplyDeleteWe can't change the past and we can't predict the future (unless you have some tools that I am unaware of). We can only do what is right in front of us. You nailed it when you said make the choice that is right in front of us, right this moment. Can't fear the future because all we will do is suffer. Can't change the past so what else is there to do? Just like Annie said, move forward with love!
ReplyDeleteMoving forward!
ReplyDelete